Trinity Lutheran Sunday School
We hope you had a wonderful summer and are ready for the 2018-2019 Sunday school year to begin. Classes will start on September 9th and run from 9:45AM to 10:45AM. Registration will take place at Rally Day on August 26th. If you were unable to attend Rally Day, complete your registration by using the form attached. Please complete the form for each child and bring it to Trinity on September 9th. A table will be set up at the entrance of the auditorium at 9:45AM and forms can be handed in at that time.
New This Year
There are a few changes that we would like you to be aware of.
GATHERING TIME takes place from 9:45 to 10:00AM on Sunday morn- ings. We will be hosting gathering for PreK and KDG students in the Pre- school Classroom. Gathering time for 1st through 6th graders will take place in the gym. The 7th through 12th graders should make their way up to the loft.
- We would like to try a new approach to our Sunday School Program that combines CHRISTIAN EDUCATION WITH MISSION AND SERVICE. The schedule for September and October is found on the nextpage.
- We are implementing a new ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE for Sunday School.We will track the percentage of students that attend Sunday School by each classroom. When a child bring a cousin or a friend, they count towards th incentive. At the end of the 3rd week each month, we will take the average of the attend- ance for the 3 weeks prior and determine the average attendance rate for each class. The class with the highest percentage will win a treat that is based around the Mission Project taking place during the 4th Sunday of the month. Parents will be informed what the treat is and permission forms will go out when necessary.
- We will also be rewarding kids for GOOD BEHAVIOR. All our teachers have been given TRINITY TOKENS. These are slips of paper they will be handing out when they see a child display some sort of good behavior. This could be a child participating in class, sharing materials, being polite or a myriad of other things. The TRINITY TOKENS will have the child’s name on it and they can place it in the collection box. On Mission Sunday, one TOKEN will be drawn from the box and that lucky student will win a gift card. The process will repeat each month, with the drawing taking place on the lastSunday
- September 9th Faith Based Ministry
- September 16th Faith Based Ministry
- September 23rd Faith Based Ministry
- September 30th Young Environmentalist Mission Project
- October 7th Faith Based Ministry
- October 14th Faith Based Ministry
- October 21st Faith Based Ministry
- October 28th Mission Project selected by 9th through 12th grade